Bring the power of myths and legends into how you tell the story of your business.
These narrative structures that we're all familiar with can be turned into emotionally impactful messaging that will make your marketing campaigns epic and engaging.
Epic Marketing Strategy is an illustrated guide to how a variety of different types of businesses have adapted mythic plot lines into their sales and marketing strategies to sell all kinds of products.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Include the essential elements of storytelling; Good characters, interesting plot & resolution.
- Focus on the emotion; The real subject of your story is the emotion it elicits in your audience.
- Structure your brand stories according to classical story plots. Take apart your favorite stories to discover what makes them work.
- Cut out the fluff or filler to streamline your story.
- Jump to the action and skip the intro; Begin your story with a key turning point or emotional moment.
- Tell your stories visually; Visuals appeal strongly to our emotions and are easy to understand.
- Make sure your stories are on-brand and keep them consistent with your brand image.
Who this course is designed for:
- Anyone who wants to build a brand voice for their company
- Marketing Consultants and Business Owners who want to try blogging, video content or develop a social media strategy
- Marketing teams who have been asked to support their organization's sales people
- Business owners who want to drive brand recognition in their market
- You should have customer stories to tell
- You should enjoy being creative with your brand messaging
The Course covers:
- Why stories are important
- How stories work to build an emotional connection
- Some ideas on what type of stories you can tell
- The basic storylines that are the most effective, whether it's an advertisement or a classic work of literature
- The elements of a good story and basics of creating an engaging plot
- How to make your stories as effective as possible
This course includes:
- 26 short written lessons with examples of videos from other brands
- It'll take you around 30 minutes to complete
Meet Your Instructor
Jonathan Allen is the Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of EQ. He's also the Co-Founder and President at Longneck & Thunderfoot, a brand publishing company incubated at the Columbia University Startup Lab in NYC, and winner of an Arch Grant in 2016.
Before getting back into startups, Jonathan was formerly the Director of Search Engine Watch (2009-2013), one of the longest running news publications on the search engine marketing industry. Under his stewardship, the publication’s readership grew from 600k to over 1.4 million and won the Gold Azbee National Award for “Online Excellence, New or Relaunched Web Site” from the American Society of Business Press Editors.
Jonathan has spoken at the largest digital marketing conferences in the world — SES New York, SES San Francisco, SES London, SES Chicago — as well as PubCon, KoreaComm and SIPA. He has also provided tech industry commentary on breaking news for the BBC, the Boston Globe and Deutsche Welle.